Thursday, June 4, 2015

My First Monolgue


Betrayal of the Night

 

 
Look at them. Just smiling and celebrating while every single one of them betrayed me. They made me come to the decision I have come to tonight. I looked over the room casting glances to everyone. Remembering how they betrayed me. My first target; brother. Brother who watched his best friend take my virginity because he lost a bet. Sister who slept with my boyfriend and became pregnant and married him. Father who divorced mother and married my best friend. And mother. Mother who knew all of this was happening and stupidly turned a blind eye to it all. But I smiled. I put on a happy façade and joined the celebrating. I wrestled with brother. I teased sister when nephew spilled red wine on her white dress. I laughed at fathers horrible, terrible jokes. I helped mother in the kitchen. Tonight I remember. I’d be dead to all of them and will haunt them for eternity. My hand itched to grasp the blade. Tonight I remember I show them what betrayal made me do.

No comments:

Post a Comment